Friday, October 2, 2009

New Store in Town

If I haven't mentioned it before, living here is like living in a small town. Being the city girl I am this has taken some getting used to. It is fun knowing half the people you live around, but it is frustrating as well. Going to the post office or grocery store can take up to an extra hour solely due to the people you run into and have to stop and talk to. I will miss our little life over here, but I do also look forward to being able to run to the store without a 90% chance of every visit seeing someone I know :^)

Anyway, saying all of that, we have a new on base super department store, with escalators!!! They have been advertising and finally building this new place for the last two years, and it is the event of the month to be there this weekend. Told you we live in a "small town." They are giving away prizes by the hour, have shuttles running back and forth to parking lots all around the base and just about every person and their mother out there yesterday, today and tomorrow. I won't be there, in fact, I am not touching that base with a ten foot pole this weekend. My patience level cannot handle it. I will wait until I can go sometime during the week, when I don't have to take a shuttle and I can calmly browse without ten people in my five foot "bubble" zone that I have a need for around me right now. Instead, I will be spending the day with my co-worker girl friends, a last fling before we all leave and head out on our different adventures. We plan to shop at other bases and out in town, have lunch together and end the afternoon with a pedicure. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment